Filing a complaint
Guidelines for filing a complaint with the Complaint Board.
Conditions that must be complied with prior to filing a complaint:
- The complaint must concern a private consumer’s relations with his/her bank and involve a dispute of financial relevance. Complaints from a business can be dealt with if the complaint does not differ considerably from complaints made by private consumers. In keeping with the Board’s practice, complaints from limited companies will not be considered.
- A previous approach by the complainant to the financial institute has not led to a reconciliation of the dispute.
- No other authority or complaint board has the authority to deal with the complaint.
- The dispute has not been ruled on definitively by a court of law.
- In the case of there being a pending lawsuit on the dispute about which you want to file a complaint, the court in question must give permission to file the complaint.
- When filing a complaint you must use the appropriate Complaint form and pay a fee of 150 DKK (after 1 January 2012 the fee is 200 DKK).
If you have any questions about filing a complaint you may contact the Board’s secretariat at telephone +45 35 43 63 33.
To fill in and print out the Complaint form: Fill in complaint form
To order a blank Complaint form from the Board’s secretariat: Order form